Do you want to dazzle your friends with some frank-tastic Wienermobile knowledge? Well, here are some bun-facts that will leave them in awe, and maybe even help you win a special prize if you see us playing “Wienermobile Trivia” at one of our events.
TRUE of FALSE?
- There are currently 6 Wienermobile vehicles on the road. (TRUE)
- The Wienermobile has been around for 62 years. (FALSE- 2011 marked the vehicle’s 75th anniversary)
- The Wienermobile has a horn that plays the Wiener Jingle. (TRUE)
- Hotdoggers go through a two week training called Hot Dog University. (FALSE- Hot Dog High)
- Oscar Mayer’s son thought up the concept of the Wienermobile. (FALSE- Carl Mayer, nephew of Oscar Mayer)
- The Wienermobile has clouds painted on the ceiling. (TRUE)
- The 2004 and 2009 models on the road today are much smaller than the Wienermobile of the 1950s. (FALSE- Standing at 27 feet long, 8 feet wide and 11 feet tall, the newer models are the largest yet)